Friday, May 3, 2013

I am blessed to be a part of a community that encourages each other to be healthy and fit.

It's been three years since I pushed play on that first P90X disc. I didn't know then that I would lose my husband to suicide, I didn't know that I would become a health and wellness coach and I certainly didn't know that I would meet amazing people from all over the world who are living healthy and fulfilling lives.

I am learning the role that exercise and especially nutrition play in my physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. I have always taken my general health for granted, but I have also learned that sometimes, no matter how careful you are sometimes life just happens and I can get blindsided by an injury or illness that I didn't anticipate.
What happens when I get sick?

I'll tell you that I have a tendency to give into self pity and depression. But that's not the answer!

One of my amazing new friends, Melanie Bowen is passionate about helping people maintain their emotional and spiritual health even when their bodies seem to have betrayed them with Mesothelioma, an aggressive form of cancer caused from asbestos exposure. Please check out Melanie's article discussing Summer exercises for those undergoing treatment for cancer.

5 Summer exercises for cancer patients

It's so important to remember that our bodies are amazing creations and taking good care of them even when we're sick is important for our overall wellbeing.

Know that you are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment